jueves, 24 de febrero de 2011

Blog #4

I am a Puerto Rican and I am proud of my roots, my customs and my people, but I do realize that the living in these days it’s hard on the island. I understand that when people immigrate, is for getting better opportunities. In my family, there are some cases of immigration. My grandfather immigrated to Dominican Republic to find better opportunities. The conditions of that country aren’t better than Puerto Rico’s, but he held a really important job there, and thanks to that he has a lot of money. I know of another aunt that she went to Philadelphia for the same reasons as my grandfather, to find a better job. Because she spoke good English, and was not an illegal immigrant, she was able to find a good job, but she knows of other people that didn’t have the same luck as her. She knows some Mexicans, and they all have small and dirty jobs, smart people, but because their illegal status, they aren’t able to find better positions. I know that my grandfather and my aunt are very proud of being Puerto Rican, they watch sport competitions and beauty pageants, and they still root for Puerto Rico on those things. They read the Puerto Rican newspaper everyday on the internet, and they always keep in touch with the ones they left behind when they decided to leave. I have 100% Puerto Rican blood in my heart and veins, I am, and I will always be proud of being who I am, but in order to succeed, we have to make some decisions. If I leave this country, it will be to find better opportunities, but I would keep all the memories and good moments in my heart.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario