jueves, 24 de febrero de 2011

Blog #5

Ligny’s blog was very interesting because she wrote about some of her ancestors. I found it amusing because a lot of people in these days does not care about their ancestors, or do not know anything about them. I also read the article that she posted about the Arizona law. I agree with her, it is a, with all respect, pointless law that won’t benefit anybody. If they keep immigrants off the country, nobody would do the dirty jobs, and the country would be filled with a lot of trash and bacteria.
            I enjoyed Elsa’s Japanese Immigration post because to be honest, I didn’t know anything about Japanese immigrants. Her post was very well written, I understood everything she wrote and I found it very interesting. Who would have thought that the Japanese got along with Americans before the Pearl Harbor incident? I thought that their country was economically stable and they did not have to immigrate, but I was wrong, every country faces a lot of problems, even the powerful ones.
            I liked Yaidy’s immigration journal about an Italian person. She portrayed a lot of emotions through her character and I felt that it was a real story; very well written. I also enjoyed her video about racism. It’s incredible how racist people still can be these days, and make drama of such small situations… just like High School.
            Paulette’s post about her ancestors was really cool. Her paternal and maternal sides are very different, and that’s what makes her so unique. She’s descendant from two different types of European groups! I also enjoyed her video about the Arizona law but I do not agree with her. The United States wasn’t found ten, or twenty years ago, it was founded many centenaries ago. The Europeans invaded a country that clearly wasn’t their own, and they didn’t care. The “founders” of this country came from different places of the World, in other words, THEY ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS. I think the actual Americans are contradicting themselves because basically they are all immigrants, and they are such fools if they think that they OWN the country, not even Barack Obama, the president, owns it. If the country was based on immigration on the first place, why should it stop now?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario